Thursday, April 22, 2010

Living room starting to emerge from boxes

Unlike those HGTV shows such as Sarah's House where renovation also means selecting furniture that fits exactly in to the space, my budget doesn't allow for that.  So I am making the best I can with my existing furniture.  This means book cases are not going upstairs since they won't fit up there.  Instead they are put in the living room and one has to overlap a window a bit so their corner match up.  Also, the antique book cases have to be stacked up around the flat screen to make a surface to put the cable box and dvd player upon. And what am I going to do with all those speaker wires?  Drill holes in my new bamboo floor, really you say?  A quilt rack has become a towel holder outside one of the showers.  Various used pieces are being spray painted to fit into the decor of the back bathroom such as a little shelve unit to hold towels and provide a surface for guests to put toothbrushes, etc.

No comments: