Friday, April 23, 2010

Another piece of furniture in place and some house jewelry

More construction items that are left over or to be used later were moved to the garage so I could get my buffet in its place.  Now I just have to find the fancy dishes in the old garage so I can fill it up.  The buffet is one of my pieces from Seattle that was not damaged by the water and mold in the portable storage unit.  It would be hard to replace since it was made of alder by a craftsman in Oregon.  I really love the old/modern look of the piece and the depth given the wood by the stain used.


The baubles were added to the chandelier in the dining room and for sure no one will notice where one of the arms cracked and had to be glued back together.  It is fun to have a bit of sparkly house jewelry.  The piece is not a traditional chandelier but comes from Spain.  It is made of all black and silvered glass with smoky crystal drops.

No comments: