Wednesday, March 11, 2009

More good news

Last fall I contacted the electric company here to see if any updates to the pole and transformer would be needed when I added the new air conditioning unit. I had already upgraded the service to 200 amps and put in a whole house surge protection system.

NJ has growth and non-growth zones and I was in a non-growth zone and they wanted $1800 for a new pole and transformer as they will be needed.

Imagine my surprise this morning when I see a telephone company truck install a new pole. I called my contact at the electric company and he said he had worked it out with the telephone company to put in a new larger pole and with his supervisor that the current transformer was already overloaded and they needed to replace it anyway. So, that extra cost of $1800 has disappeared. Sometimes patience is rewarded :-)

No comments: